Re: patch to allow disable of WAL recycling - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: patch to allow disable of WAL recycling
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 8:59 AM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 3:24 PM Jerry Jelinek <jerry.jelinek@joyent.com> wrote:
> > The latest patch is rebased, builds clean, and passes some basic testing. Please let me know if there is anything
elseI could do on this.

> I agree with Thomas Munro's earlier critique of the documentation.
> The documentation of the new parameters makes an assumption,
> completely unsupported in my view, about when those parameters should
> be set, yet at the same time gives almost no information about what
> they actually do.  I don't like that.
>
> The patch needs a visit from pgindent, too.

I would like to fix these problems and commit the patch.  First, I'm
going to go and do some project-style tidying, write some proposed doc
tweaks, and retest these switches on the machine where I saw
beneficial effects from the patch before.  I'll post a new version
shortly to see if anyone has objections.

--
Thomas Munro
https://enterprisedb.com