Re: Time to upgrade buildfarm coverage for some EOL'd OSes? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: Time to upgrade buildfarm coverage for some EOL'd OSes?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Oct 9, 2021 at 5:55 AM Mikael Kjellström
<mikael.kjellstrom@mksoft.nu> wrote:
> On 2021-10-08 18:12, Tom Lane wrote:
> > =?UTF-8?Q?Mikael_Kjellstr=c3=b6m?= <mikael.kjellstrom@mksoft.nu> writes:
> >> Yes, it's getting long in the tooth.  I will upgrade the NetBSD 7
> >> (sidewinder) to 9.2.
> >> And I will also upgrade loach to 12.x if that's the version that is
> >> needed the most.
> >> I will upgrade conchuela to DragonFlyBSD 6.0.
> >> I will remove the 5.9 (curculio) and upgrade the 6.5 (morepork) to 6.9.
> >
> > +1 to all of that except retiring curculio.  That one has shown us issues
> > we've not seen on other animals (recent examples at [1][2]), so unless
> > you're feeling resource-constrained I'd vote for keeping it going.
>
> Sure I can keep curculio as is.  Will just upgrade morepork to OpenBSD
> 6.9 then.

Thanks very much for doing all these upgrades!

Here's a nice recording of a morepork, a kind of owl that we often
hear in the still of the night where I live.  Supposedly it's saying
'more pork!' but I don't hear that myself.

https://www.doc.govt.nz/nature/native-animals/birds/birds-a-z/morepork-ruru/