Re: Petition: Treat #!... shebangs as comments - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Francisco Olarte
Subject Re: Petition: Treat #!... shebangs as comments
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Andrew...

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 9:37 PM, Andrew Pennebaker
<andrew.pennebaker@gmail.com> wrote:
> As a workaround, I can use this shebang hack:
... More 'this no shebang hack'.

> But I would prefer to use a traditional (#!/usr/bin/env psql -f) shebang. It
> took a few hours on irc to hack this one together.

I see why. The lack of shebang puzzled me until I did man bash, search
for executable and found this gem " If this execution fails because
the file is not in executable format, and the file is not a directory,
it is assumed to be a shell script, a file containing shell commands.
A subshell is spawned to execute it.". Does this works in other
shells?

Francisco Olarte.