Re: Re: pg_stat_statements normalisation without invasive changes to the parser (was: Next steps on pg_stat_statements normalisation) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Re: pg_stat_statements normalisation without invasive changes to the parser (was: Next steps on pg_stat_statements normalisation)
Date
In response to Re: Re: pg_stat_statements normalisation without invasive changes to the parser (was: Next steps on pg_stat_statements normalisation)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Responses Re: Re: pg_stat_statements normalisation without invasive changes to the parser (was: Next steps on pg_stat_statements normalisation)  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 8:13 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>> This is exactly why I'm not keen on checksums for 9.2.  We've reached
>> the point where the attention on the checksum patch is pushing aside
>> other patches which are more ready and have had more work.
>
> IMO the reason why it's sucking so much attention is precisely that it's
> not close to being ready to commit.  But this is well off topic for the
> thread we're on.  If you want to propose booting checksums from
> consideration for 9.2, let's have that discussion on the checksum
> thread.

Checksums patch isn't sucking much attention at all but admittedly
there are some people opposed to the patch that want to draw out the
conversation until the patch is rejected, but that's not the same
thing. The main elements of the patch have been working for around 7
weeks by now.

I'm not sure how this topic is even raised here, since the patches are
wholly and completely separate, apart from the minor and irrelevant
point that the patch authors both work for 2ndQuadrant. If that
matters at all, I'll be asking how and why.