Re: Combining Aggregates - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Combining Aggregates
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 17 December 2014 at 10:20, David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 17 December 2014 at 22:53, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>>
>> KaiGai, David Rowley and myself have all made mention of various ways
>> we could optimize aggregates.
>>
>> Following WIP patch adds an extra function called a "combining
>> function", that is intended to allow the user to specify a
>> semantically correct way of breaking down an aggregate into multiple
>> steps.
>>
>> Gents, is this what you were thinking? If not...
>>

> Very much so! You must have missed my patch.
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAApHDvrZG5Q9rNxU4WOga8AgvAwQ83bF83CFvMbOQcCg8vk=Zw@mail.gmail.com

Very strange that you should post an otherwise unrelated patch on
someone else's thread AND not add the patch to the CommitFest.

Stealth patch submission is a new one on me.

Looks like great minds think alike, at least. Or fools seldom differ.

Please add your patch to the CF app.