Re: PostgreSQL Training - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: PostgreSQL Training
Date
List pgsql-admin
On 9 October 2014 19:01, Matt Kappel <matt.kappel@gmail.com> wrote:

> A coworker and I used EnterpriseDB for our training in the intro and
> advanced Postgres admin courses.  We went with on-demand training, and it
> was pretty useful and convenient.  We didn't have to stop everything for a
> week or so just to get training, and it followed our schedule.  I didn't
> really feel like we missed out being without a live instructor, plus there
> were opportunities for remote Q&A.  In my opinion, paying travel would have
> been a waste of money.

All the feedback we get from attendees says that live training is much
better for the attendee, if the trainer is sufficiently qualified to
properly answer questions and discuss and explain related insights.
And if the trainer flies to you, its no problem at all. Having said
that, we've also found that people say they get more out of a course
if they take a few days out to concentrate on the subject, not get
continually interrupted by emails and calls.

That's only based upon about a thousand attendees in last 5 years, so
I'm sure there are many other opinions. YMMV.

I note that live training in some subjects is now completely fully
booked at pgconf.eu.