Re: Is it time for triage on the open patches? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Is it time for triage on the open patches?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 3:47 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> * pg_stat_statements looks good also, I hope someone is looking at that
>
> I will take that one, if it ever gets marked RFC, but in the meantime
> I plan to spend my time elsewhere.
>
>> At this stage the CF app isn't helping us much. We need some way to
>> indicate who is actively working on review, not just a list of people
>> who have at some point reviewed it. Patches without committers will
>> likely suffer, so we need to be able to see the Committers column on
>> the display, so we know whether a patch needs one assigned.
>
> I've kind of wished the Committer field could be seen in the list view
> too, although I'm not sure what I'd give up for it (narrowing the other
> fields doesn't sound good).  Mainly what I wanted it for is to check
> "is there anything I claimed and have not dealt with"; which is not
> something I need to check every time I look, so perhaps some different
> view could cover this need.

Yes, that's a good idea.

> Another thing that would be really nice is the ability to sort open
> items by last-activity time (disregarding the category labels), to make
> it easier to spot which items are not receiving any attention.

And another.

My worry is things I care about, but may not be receiving the
attention they deserve (IMHO) so I can do something about them before
someone calls time. I guess that means I'd like to assign Importance
values to them as well for my own use.