Re: Is it time for triage on the open patches? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Is it time for triage on the open patches?
Date
Re: Is it time for triage on the open patches?  (Peter Geoghegan <peter@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
> * pg_stat_statements looks good also, I hope someone is looking at that

I will take that one, if it ever gets marked RFC, but in the meantime
I plan to spend my time elsewhere.

> At this stage the CF app isn't helping us much. We need some way to
> indicate who is actively working on review, not just a list of people
> who have at some point reviewed it. Patches without committers will
> likely suffer, so we need to be able to see the Committers column on
> the display, so we know whether a patch needs one assigned.

I've kind of wished the Committer field could be seen in the list view
too, although I'm not sure what I'd give up for it (narrowing the other
fields doesn't sound good).  Mainly what I wanted it for is to check
"is there anything I claimed and have not dealt with"; which is not
something I need to check every time I look, so perhaps some different
view could cover this need.

Another thing that would be really nice is the ability to sort open
items by last-activity time (disregarding the category labels), to make
it easier to spot which items are not receiving any attention.