Re: PostgreSQL Studio mailing list - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: PostgreSQL Studio mailing list
Date
List pgsql-www
On 5 August 2014 05:04, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

>> if it was jut pgstudio-general, then you could use the list for users as
>> well.
>
> Actually -- the BDR devs requested a mailing list too, and they were
> told to use pgsql-general for the time being, and that a
> project-specific mailing list would be created if traffic proves beyond
> some (unspecified) level.  Why not do the same here?

Because there doesn't seem any benefit in doing that.

BDR is a feature aimed at inclusion in core and I understand why
people say it should therefore be managed by existing lists. The
situation here seems somewhat different since nobody is suggesting
this project is in core.

There could one day be a BDR list, so it may yet end up being the same.

I'd vote for a more general list called pgstudio@postgresql.org