Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Allow time delayed standbys and recovery - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Allow time delayed standbys and recovery
Date
Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Allow time delayed standbys and recovery  (Thom Brown <thom@linux.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 6, 2022 at 8:15 AM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 5, 2022 at 8:43 PM Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> wrote:
> > I share your discomfort with the wording.  How about:
> >
> > WAL records must be kept on standby until they are ready to be applied.
> > Therefore, longer delays will result in a greater accumulation of WAL files,
> > increasing disk space requirements for the standby's <filename>pg_wal</>
> > directory.
>
> Looks awesome.

Here that is in patch form. I feel that the feature freeze should not
preclude committing this documentation improvement, but if someone
feels otherwise, then I will leave this until the tree reopens.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Attachment