Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Assembling "top features" list for beta announcement - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Assembling "top features" list for beta announcement
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 12:39 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@berkus.org> wrote:
> While 10 isn't 100% baked yet, I'd like to get started sorting out what
> our "top 2-4" features for the beta announcement are going to be.

I have been thinking about this topic as well, and wrote a blog post about it.

http://rhaas.blogspot.com/2017/04/new-features-coming-in-postgresql-10.html

I wasn't able to pare the major features list down to the 2-4 range; I
found it difficult enough to get it down to 7, and there's still a lot
of other stuff that is also *really* good.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company