Re: Future In-Core Replication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Future In-Core Replication
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 6:48 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> So the idea is that you'll present briefly your intentions for 9.3 at
> the developer meeting, and then have this in-depth afterwards?  Sounds
> great.

I really, really do not want the developer meeting to turn into a
series of presentations.  That's what we had last year, and it was
boring and unproductive.  Furthermore, it excludes from the
conversation everyone who doesn't fit into a room in Ottawa.  I think
that plans should be presented here, on pgsql-hackers, and the
developer meeting should be reserved for discussion of issues with
which everyone who will be there is already familiar.  If a
presentation is required, the developer meeting is the wrong forum,
IMHO of course.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company