Re: Indexes on partitioned tables and foreign partitions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Indexes on partitioned tables and foreign partitions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 8:52 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> I think its reasonable to expect you interpret my words sensibly,
> rather than in some more dramatic form where I seem to break rules
> with every phrase.

Sure, I agree.  I try to interpret the words of everyone here sensibly
and without unnecessary drama.

I don't really know why we're still talking about this.  My principle
concern here has never been to understand whether or not you were
proposing foreign indexes for v11 -- although I have now got a very
clear idea that you weren't -- but to resolve the actual problem --
which seems to be a bug in 8b08f7d4.  I regret that we seem to have
gotten sucked into a conversation about whether I was being
unreasonable in thinking that you might have meant what I thought you
might have meant for a period of 3 hours last Wednesday, rather than
about the technical issue.  I apologize to you and to the list for my
contribution to that state of affairs.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company