Re: 9.5 release scheduling (was Re: logical column ordering) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: 9.5 release scheduling (was Re: logical column ordering)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 1:18 AM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> While there were technical
> issues, 9.4 dragged a considerable amount because most people were
> ignoring it in favor of 9.5 development.

I think 9.4 dragged almost entirely because of one issue: the
compressibility of JSONB.  And it became pretty clear early on in that
discussion that it was not going to be resolved until Tom signed off
on some proposed fix.  Which I think points to the issue Bruce
mentioned about how busy many of our key contributors are.  I could
have easily spent four times as much time doing reviewing and
committing over the last few months, but I'm not willing to work an 80
or 100 hour week to make that happen.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company