Re: Ambiguos OPERATOR items in pg_restore manifest file (was: [postgis-devel] utils/new_postgis_restore.pl) - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Ambiguos OPERATOR items in pg_restore manifest file (was: [postgis-devel] utils/new_postgis_restore.pl)
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 9:18 AM, Sandro Santilli <strk@keybit.net> wrote:
> Trying to exclude items from dumps of postgis-enabled databases
> we use pg_restore -l output and strip what we think belong to PostGIS.
>
> In doing so, Renzo found that for OPERATOR there are not enough
> informations to unambiguosly find it being part of PostGIS (see
> included mail snippet).
>
> Do you think this could be improved on the pg_restore side ?

In 9.1, we've added the concept of EXTENSIONs.  I'm not sure whether
PostGIS is planning to take advantage of this mechanism, but it's
designed to solve exactly this problem.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company