Re: commit fest schedule for 9.4 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: commit fest schedule for 9.4
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 11:13 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
>> Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> writes:
>> > In the last two years, the first commit fest started in June, which is
>> > about a month from now.  If we are going to do that again, we should
>> > clarify that as soon as possible.  And if we are not, then we should
>> > also clarify that, because some people are probably expecting that we
>> > are.
>>
>> > So, any thoughts on the commit fest schedule, any need for deviations,
>> > or same old?
>>
>> Usually this is settled at the PGCon developers' meeting ...
>
> But it doesn't have to, does it?
>
> If there is nothing to change then we might as well settle it here and
> save the meeting for more interesting things.  But if someone wants to
> argue for adjustments, it'd be better to collect arguments here rather
> than argue all of it out in 15 mins or so without any preparation.
>
> (The same goes for all agenda items in that meeting.  At one point there
> was a guideline to discuss items on the mailing list before the
> meeting.)

+1 from me for prior discussion via email of any and all topics to be
covered at the meeting.

And +1 from me for keeping the same CommitFest schedule we had last
year, and using the meeting time for something more interesting.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company