Re: refactoring basebackup.c - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: refactoring basebackup.c
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 22, 2021 at 1:14 PM tushar <tushar.ahuja@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> On 7/19/21 8:29 PM, Dilip Kumar wrote:
> > I am not sure why this is working, from the code I could not find if
> > the backup target is server then are we doing anything with the -R
> > option or we are just silently ignoring it
>
> OK, in an  another scenario  I can see , "-t server" working with
> "--server-compression" option  but not with -z  or -Z ?

Right. The error messages or documentation might need some work, but
it's expected that you won't be able to do client-side compression if
the backup is being sent someplace other than to the client.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com