Re: Releasing in September - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Releasing in September
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 9:51 AM, Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> wrote:
> This signal is common, particularly for smaller patches, and it ought to
> remain common.  The product would advance slowly if every contrib module or
> vacuumdb flag took full attention from two committers.  Every release has a
> few patches that do deserve this level of attention, though, and they rarely
> attract it.  Index-only scans did; commit a2822fb had a non-author committer
> despite an author having a commit bit.

Yeah, I was a bit surprised when Tom committed that, but I was
pleased.  I didn't have huge confidence in it at that point, and
having Tom come along and give a hand was a great relief.  I think he
not only committed the base patch but improved a very healthy number
of things about it as well.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company