Re: Index only scans wiki page - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Index only scans wiki page
Date
Re: Index only scans wiki page  (Peter Geoghegan <peter@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 8:25 PM, Peter Geoghegan <peter@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 13 November 2012 01:03, Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com> wrote:
>> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Index-only_scans
>>
>> This page is seriously out of date.  It suggests they are not yet
>> implemented, but only being talked about.
>
> Attached is a piece I wrote on the feature. That might form the basis
> of a new wiki page. Feel free to incorporate this material as you see
> fit.

I found this an interesting read.  As one of the people who worked on
the feature, I'm sort of curious whether people have any experience
yet with how this actually shakes out in the field.  Are you (or is
anyone) aware of positive/negative field experiences with this
feature?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company