Re: [BUGS] BUG #14244: wrong suffix for pg_size_pretty() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [BUGS] BUG #14244: wrong suffix for pg_size_pretty()
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 2:33 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> Well, the patch was updated several times, and the final version was not
> objected to until you objected.

It is not clear what you mean by "the final version", because you
posted two different final versions.  I don't see a clear vote from
anybody in favor of either of those things, and Peter's replies seem
to me to suggest that he does not support either of your proposals.
So I am not sure that I would agree with the statement that nobody
objected, but in any case there certainly wasn't a consensus in favor
of either change.

Also, the subject of this thread is "wrong suffix for pg_size_pretty",
which may not have tipped people off to the fact that you were
proposing to replace "kB" with "KB" everywhere.  Even after reading
your email, I didn't realize that you were proposing that until I
actually opened the patch and looked at it.  Such widespread changes
tend to draw objections, and IMHO shouldn't be made unless it's
abundantly clear that most people are in favor.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company