Re: Logical Replication Helpers WIP for discussion - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Logical Replication Helpers WIP for discussion
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 8:40 AM, Petr Jelinek <petr@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> What I hope to get from this is agreement on the general approach and
> protocol so that we can have common base which will both make it easier to
> create external logical replication solutions and also eventually lead to
> full logical replication inside core PostgreSQL.

The protocol is a really important topic which deserves its own
discussion.  Andres has mentioned some of the ideas he has in mind -
which I think are similar to what you did here - but there hasn't
really been a thread devoted to discussing that topic specifically.  I
think that would be a good idea: lay out what you have in mind, and
why, and solicit feedback.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company