Re: Any reasons to not move pgstattuple to core? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Any reasons to not move pgstattuple to core?
Date
Re: Any reasons to not move pgstattuple to core?  (Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri@2ndQuadrant.fr>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 10:01 PM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 6:36 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> Greg Smith made a list some months ago of contrib modules that were
>> essential for forensics analysis and such.  Weren't we going to do
>> something special about those?
>
> It was more like two years ago. I do still think that that kind of
> effort makes a lot of sense.

I think we were going to try to group the extensions into categories
(debugging tools, demonstration code, data types, etc.) and maybe
encourage packagers to put the debugging tools in the same OS package
as the core server.  But Tom was not supportive, and he was at the
time the packager for Red Hat, so it didn't seem like we were going to
get to far with it.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company