Re: [HACKERS] Latest Data::Dumper breaks hstore_plperl regression test - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Latest Data::Dumper breaks hstore_plperl regression test
Date
Re: [HACKERS] Latest Data::Dumper breaks hstore_plperl regressiontest  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, May 13, 2017 at 6:22 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Or at least, that's what I surmise from the fact that buildfarm critter
> caiman has been failing that test for the last day or so, with symptoms
> indicating whitespace changes in Data::Dumper output.  Some poking into
> the Fedora repo shows that rawhide updated perl-Data-Dumper from 2.161
> to 2.167 on May 11, so that fits ...

Depending on the precise details of how Data::Dumper prints things
doesn't seem like a particularly good idea.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company