Re: Patch: Write Amplification Reduction Method (WARM) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Patch: Write Amplification Reduction Method (WARM)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 6:37 AM, Pavan Deolasee
<pavan.deolasee@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think we can fix that by comparing compressed values.  I know you had
> raised concerns, but Robert confirmed that (IIUC) it's not a problem today.

I'm not sure that's an entirely fair interpretation of what I said.
My point was that, while it may not be broken today, it might not be a
good idea to rely for correctness on it always being true.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company