Re: [HACKERS] CLUSTER command progress monitor - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [HACKERS] CLUSTER command progress monitor
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 12:03 PM Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Ummm ... I've been operating --in this thread-- under the assumption
> that it is REINDEX to blame for this problem, not CREATE INDEX, because
> my recollection is that I tested CREATE INDEX together with CLUSTER and
> it worked fine.  Has anybody done any actual research that the problem
> is to blame on CREATE INDEX and not REINDEX?

I am not sure. I think, though, that the point is that all three
commands rebuild indexes. So unless they all expect the same things in
terms of which counters get set during that process, things will not
work correctly.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company