Re: Lets (not) break all the things. Was: [pgsql-advocacy] 9.6 -> 10.0 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Lets (not) break all the things. Was: [pgsql-advocacy] 9.6 -> 10.0
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 3:23 PM, Robbie Harwood <rharwood@redhat.com> wrote:
> I'm sure this won't be a popular suggestion, but in the interest of
> advocating for more cryptography: if we land GSSAPI auth+encryption, I'd
> like the auth-only codepath to go away.

I can't think of a reason that would be a good idea.  Occasionally
good things come from artificially limiting how users can use the
system, but mostly that just annoys people.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company