Re: Side effect of CVE-2017-7484 fix? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Side effect of CVE-2017-7484 fix?
Date
Re: Side effect of CVE-2017-7484 fix?  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 9:47 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> writes:
> > As part of the security fix
> > (e2d4ef8de869c57e3bf270a30c12d48c2ce4e00c), we have restricted the
> > users from accessing the statistics of the table if the user doesn't
> > have privileges on the table and the function is not leakproof.  Now,
> > as a side effect of this, if the user has the privileges on the root
> > partitioned table but does not have privilege on the child tables, the
> > user will be able to access the data of the child table but it won't
> > be able to access the statistics of the child table. This may result
> > in a bad plan.
>
> This was complained of already,
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/3876.1531261875%40sss.pgh.pa.us

I guess you never followed up on that part, though.  Any special
reason for that, or just lack of round tuits?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company