Re: [BUGS] Breakage with VACUUM ANALYSE + partitions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [BUGS] Breakage with VACUUM ANALYSE + partitions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 9:45 AM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
>> My attempts to test things were also singularly unrewarding.  Even
>> after messing with the filesystem in various ways, I couldn't figure
>> out exactly how this makes a difference.
>
> What do you mean by this? You couldn't reproduce the bug? Or not how to
> trigger such a test?

Let's see.  I think what i did is made _mdfd_getseg() error out if it
got to a segment that was not the right size and preceded the one it
was trying to reach.  But I could not hit that error.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company