Re: [HACKERS] Remaining 2017-03 CF entries - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Remaining 2017-03 CF entries
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 2:53 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Andres Freund wrote:
>>> Write Amplification Reduction Method (WARM)
>>> - fair number of people don't think it's ready for v10.
>
>> I'm going over this one now with Pavan, with the intent of getting it in
>> committable shape.
>
> I have to agree with Andres that this is not something to push in, on the
> last day before feature freeze, when a number of people aren't comfortable
> with it.  It looks much more like a feature to push at the start of a
> development cycle.

I strongly agree.  Testing has found some noticeable regressions in
some cases as well, even if there were no outright bugs.  I'm frankly
astonished by the ongoing unwillingness to admit that the objections
(by multiple people) to this patch have any real merit.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company