Re: Index Unqiueness - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Index Unqiueness
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 10:41 PM, abhinav batra <abbatra@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey
> I want to work towards the follwing feature in TODO list:
> Prevent index uniqueness checks when UPDATE does not modify the
> columnUniqueness (index) checks are done when updating a column even if the
> column is not modified by the UPDATE. However, HOT already short-circuits
> this in common cases, so more work might not be helpful.
>
> So I wanted to know if someone is already working on this.

Not to my knowledge.  But... I wonder why you want to work on this?
I've never heard of anyone having a performance problem because of
this.  If you are, it would be interesting to hear the details.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company