Re: Delegating superuser tasks to new security roles (Was: Granting control of SUSET gucs to non-superusers) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Delegating superuser tasks to new security roles (Was: Granting control of SUSET gucs to non-superusers)
Date
In response to Re: Delegating superuser tasks to new security roles (Was: Granting control of SUSET gucs to non-superusers)  (Isaac Morland <isaac.morland@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 27, 2021 at 10:24 AM Isaac Morland <isaac.morland@gmail.com> wrote:
> Isn’t this backwards? If all those roles are members of "tenant" then they can do anything "tenant" can do. The
reversemight work - make "tenant" a member of all the related roles - although I haven’t thought through in detail.

Dang it, yes. The tenant needs to be members of all the other users,
not the other way around. I spent a long time trying to not get that
backwards and still did.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com