Re: Worth using personality(ADDR_NO_RANDOMIZE) for EXEC_BACKEND on linux? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Worth using personality(ADDR_NO_RANDOMIZE) for EXEC_BACKEND on linux?
Date
Re: Worth using personality(ADDR_NO_RANDOMIZE) for EXEC_BACKEND on linux?  (Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Aug 9, 2021 at 1:30 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
> How common is to get a failure?  I know I've run tests under
> EXEC_BACKEND and not seen any failures.  Not many runs though.

On macOS, failures are extremely common. Sometimes I have to run
simple tests many times to get even one success. The proposal on the
table won't help with that problem since it's Linux-specific, but if
there's any way to do something similar on macOS it would be a _huge_
help.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com