Re: Extension relocation vs. schema qualification - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Extension relocation vs. schema qualification
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Oct 5, 2021 at 8:26 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I spent some time awhile ago on fixing this via new-style SQL functions
> [1].  That didn't get finished for reasons explained in the thread,
> but I think that's probably a more productive direction to go in.

Hmm, if that'll solve the problem, +1 from me. I'm not a big fan of
giving up on the ability to relocate extensions. I know it's a pain to
support and I'm not sure that we have all the ideas we need to make it
work cleanly, but I don't feel like it should be intrinsically
impossible to get working, and I think users want it.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com