Re: Extension relocation vs. schema qualification - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Extension relocation vs. schema qualification
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Verona, Luiz" <luverona@amazon.com> writes:
> I am writing to resurrect this 3-year-old thread. Attached is a patch to address earthdistance related failures
duringpg_restore.
> The proposed patch will:
>  - Create a new version of earthdistance (1.2) and make this new version default
>  - Change earthdistance relocatable from true to false

That part seems like kind of a nonstarter.  People may already rely on it
being relocatable.  Also, if cube is still relocatable, it could still
get broken post-installation.

I spent some time awhile ago on fixing this via new-style SQL functions
[1].  That didn't get finished for reasons explained in the thread,
but I think that's probably a more productive direction to go in.

            regards, tom lane

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/3395418.1618352794%40sss.pgh.pa.us