Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Assembling "top features" list for beta announcement - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Assembling "top features" list for beta announcement
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Sat, Apr 8, 2017 at 3:48 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@berkus.org> wrote:
> From a PR standpoint, 5 is the absolute max, and 3 is better.  Really,
> the ideal situation is a set of features which can be closely tied
> together around a simple theme.

I kinda don't buy this, but I suppose if I had to pick three, I'd pick
partitioning, logical replication, and improved parallel query.  If I
could add a fourth I'd add SCRAM, particularly because that really
needs testing and driver support.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company