SSD filesystem aligned to DBMS - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Neto pr
Subject SSD filesystem aligned to DBMS
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi all

Sorry, but I'm not sure that this doubt is appropriate for this list, but I do need to prepare the file system of an SSD disk in a way that pointed me to, which would be a way optimized SSD
 to work. I have a disk: SSD: Samsung 500 GB SATA III 6Gb/s - Model: 850 Evo
http://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/product/consumer/850evo/

One person on the list me said that should be partition aligned to 3072 not default 2048, to start on erase block bounduary. And fs block should be 8kb.

Can you give me a hint of what program I could do this. I have already used fdisk but I do not know how to do this in Fdisk. I used Linux Debian 8(Jessie) 64b with Ext4 File system.

If you prefer, just reply to me, since the subject would not be about postgresql itself. netoprbr9@gmail.com

Best Regards
Neto