PgBackrest questions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From chiru r
Subject PgBackrest questions
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I am testing Pgbackrest and I have few questions.

please help if any one has tested these cases.

1. I used postures user to perform backups and restores with Pgbackrest tool.
The Trust authentication in pg_hba.conf file is working without issues.

If I use md5 authentication in pg_hba_conf file and postgres user password .pgpass file, the pgbackrest backup is failing.
Where should  i need to mention the password for postgres user in order to success the Pgbackrest backups?.

2.  All the restores through the backrest is going to refer the  Wal archive files under archive/<stanza name>/* directory, which are taken from pgbackrest?

3. What is the compression level by default in pgbackrest?

Thanks,
Chiranjeevi