Postgres backup tool recommendations for multi-terabyte database inGoogle Cloud - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Craig Jackson
Subject Postgres backup tool recommendations for multi-terabyte database inGoogle Cloud
Date
Re: Postgres backup tool recommendations for multi-terabyte databasein Google Cloud  (Nikolay Samokhvalov <samokhvalov@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-performance
Hi,

We are in the process of migrating an oracle database to postgres in Google Cloud and are investigating backup/recovery tools. The database is size is > 20TB. We have an SLA that requires us to be able to complete a full restore of the database within 24 hours. We have been testing pgbackreset, barman, and GCP snapshots but wanted to see if there are any other recommendations we should consider.

Desirable features
- Parallel backup/recovery
- Incremental backups
- Backup directly to a GCP bucket