Re: Trouble with requirement django-htmlmin - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Trouble with requirement django-htmlmin
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi

On Sunday, October 30, 2016, Bruno Friedmann <bruno@ioda-net.ch> wrote:
Hello there,

I would like to know why the django-htmlmin module has been choosen compared
to Flask-Htmlmin or simply htmlmin.

To be honest, because I didn't find Flask-Htmlmin when searching. It's also worth nothing that that code is a little experimental. For example, it won't work with the docs unfortunately (which needs fixing).

The trouble, of django-htmlmin is that it tries to install and override
htmlmin installation.

Urgh.

I've open up a ticket upstream
https://github.com/cobrateam/django-htmlmin/issues/107
but no anwser.

So my question would be, is it possible to consider a move to Flask-htmlmin
of htmlmin (as pgAdmin4 is mostly a Flask apps) ?

Sure.

What would be the best approach ?

a) open a bug against pgAdmin 4
b) create the needed patch
c) send the patch

Yes - exactly that process :-)

Thanks for your consideration, and hope to see most of you in Talinn.

I'll be there, see you soon.

Regards, Dave.

--
Dave Page