Re: Policies -> Website patch - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Policies -> Website patch
Date
List pgsql-www
On Thu, Feb 7, 2019 at 8:46 PM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:

> > On 6 Feb 2019, at 17:53, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>
> > OK to go on the patch?
>
> A few comments:
>
> +    <li>Accurate contact information
>
> Lacks an ending </li> tag

Fixed.

> +<ul>
> +    <li>Each listing must include:
> +        <ul>
> +            <li>Specific locations and dates for that specific training</li>

> Can’t the “Each listing must include” heading be included in the previous
> paragraph to avoid the nested list?

That's how it is in the current policy. I'm trying not to change them
from the original (that's another task for someone, to review and
update everything).

> +            href="http://blog.2ndquadrant.com/planetary_alignment/“>Planetary
>
> This URL will redirect to https, so we might as well link to that directly.
>
> +            href="http://www.postgresql.org/community/contributors/“>PostgreSQL
>
> Use https URL

Done.

> +<h1>Professional Services and Hosting Approval Policy <i
> +        class="fas fa-gavel"></i></h1>
>
> Please avoid linebreaking the tag, it makes for poor readability.

Stupid editor :-). Fixed.

> +    <li>Use of Postgresql.org, its mailing lists, or associated forums and
>
> Lowercase ‘postgresql.org’ for consistency?

Fixed, along with a 'PostgreSQL.org' (we really should have that as
some sort of styleguide item).

> +The PostgreSQL Community Association of Canada has designated the PostgreSQL Core Team to be its authoritative agent
inmost matters regarding

> Should be in <p> .. </p>

Fixed.

I've also added the conference and NPO recognition guidelines to the index page.

Updated patch attached. Thanks!

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com