Re: Redesigning postgresql.org - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Redesigning postgresql.org
Date
List pgsql-www
On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 9:59 AM, Gevik Babakhani <gevik@postgresql.nl> wrote:

>> I think you misunderstood that a little. If Javascript is disabled,
>> the site should gracefully fall back to a mode where the content is
>> still readable and usable, but not necessarily as nicely.
>
> I was implying the same :)
> JS will become very important when presenting  the website on a mobile/touch device.  I am thinking out loud here,
butnot all functionality of the website would be needed (or maybe even make sense) on a touch device.

Right - and even if a tablet with JS disabled falls back to the
standard desktop design, I consider that to be OK - that's the users
problem; if they want the responsive layout, turn JS on again. If not,
get the default site with no bells and whistles.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company