"current" docs vs. search rankings - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dave Page
Subject "current" docs vs. search rankings
Date
List pgsql-www
$SUBJECT has been raised on the webmaster list. Whilst we use the
/current/ version of the docs in the sitemap to tell Google to prefer
those docs, we don't actually link to them anywhere obvious on the
site.

It seems to me that for the release flagged as "current" in the
backend database, we should use /current/ instead of /major.minor/ for
the links at the top of every docs page, and on the manual/docs pages.

Thoughts?

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com