Re: pgAdmin4 won't start after OS upgrade - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: pgAdmin4 won't start after OS upgrade
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi

On Tue, Sep 1, 2020 at 4:33 PM Ray O'Donnell <ray@rodonnell.ie> wrote:
Hi all,

I upgraded my laptop yesterday from Debian 9 to 10 (Buster), and now
pgAdmin4 won't start. It tries to start for a while, and then I get a
little dialog saying "An error occurred initialising the pgAdmin server:
Failed to launch the application server, server thread exiting."

I have the pgadmin4-server, pgadmin4-desktop and pgadmin4-doc packages
installed, version 4.25, all installed via apt from the pgAdmin repo.
Removing and reinstalling them makes no difference. I have also deleted
the settings database at ~/.pgadmin/pgadmin4.db, but no difference. The
log file at ~/.pgadmin/pgadmin4.log is empty.

Where else should I be looking? I know nothing about Python, so I don't
know where to start.

Thanks in advance - any help will be greatly appreciated.

Probably due to the library differences in stretch vs. buster.

I would remove the existing pgAdmin packages with dpkg, then edit /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pgadmin4.list and correct the URL (change stretch to buster). Then do an apt get update before installing pgAdmin again.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com