Re: pgAdmin4 won't start after OS upgrade - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Ray O'Donnell
Subject Re: pgAdmin4 won't start after OS upgrade
Date
List pgadmin-support
On 01/09/2020 16:58, Dave Page wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Tue, Sep 1, 2020 at 4:33 PM Ray O'Donnell <ray@rodonnell.ie
> <mailto:ray@rodonnell.ie>> wrote:
>
>     Hi all,
>
>     I upgraded my laptop yesterday from Debian 9 to 10 (Buster), and now
>     pgAdmin4 won't start. It tries to start for a while, and then I get a
>     little dialog saying "An error occurred initialising the pgAdmin server:
>     Failed to launch the application server, server thread exiting."

<snip>

> Probably due to the library differences in stretch vs. buster.
>
> I would remove the existing pgAdmin packages with dpkg, then
> edit /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pgadmin4.list and correct the URL (change
> stretch to buster). Then do an apt get update before installing pgAdmin
> again.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for responding so quickly. I should have been clearer - I did
that before the OS upgrade, going for the big-bang approach to the
upgrade (yes, I know that that's living dangerously!), so my current
installation is from the buster repo. I assumed that the pgAdmin and
Python libraries would have been upgraded along with everything else
when I did the OS upgrade - was I wrong?

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell // Galway // Ireland
ray@rodonnell.ie