Re: PG 15 downloads - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dave Page
Subject Re: PG 15 downloads
Date
List pgsql-www

On Mon, 17 Oct 2022 at 13:02, Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org> wrote:
Re: Dave Page
> > I've been asking for some way to be able to stop syncing the apt repo
> > from the repository master host so I can prepare the release, and then
> > have the release people grab it from there. But that was never
> > implemented, so things still rely on me being available to
> > synchronously do the required steps, which is obviously not optimal.
> >

> Yeah, unfortunately that's not entirely straightforward to implement.

I haven't seen the sync cronjob, but I assume it's something like
rsync over ssh, so wouldn't just prepending something like this work?

ssh atalia test -f /srv/apt/SYNC && rsync ...

I'd then remove the SYNC file during release time.

Unfortunately not (entirely). It pulls from atalia and a number of other boxes, performs a little magic, and then asynchronously pushes everything to the frontends.