Re: pgAdmin crashes on DDL - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: pgAdmin crashes on DDL
Date
List pgadmin-support
On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 11:38 AM, aditsu <aditsu@yahoo.com> wrote:
> aditsu wrote
>> Ok, first time I tried to reproduce it running from gdb it didn't crash,
>> then I tried again outside of gdb and it crashed. Then I ran it from gdb
>> again, the last version of foo was still there (with the serial column), I
>> just did the "create script" thing and changed it back to integer, and
>> this time it crashed as expected. Backtrace attached (hopefully, not sure
>> how upload works on nabble).
>> backtrace
>> <http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/file/n5756202/backtrace>
>
> Any update on this? It looks like I get the exact same backtrace every time,
> in slightly different circumstances. Sometimes even after opening and
> closing a blank query window (from the toolbar sql button).

No, I haven't had a chance to look again yet, though it is on my TODO
list. I'm not sure what I can do though, as it's pretty clear you're
suffering a problem that the rest of us aren't.

It might help if you can provide the config.log files from your
pgAdmin and wxWidgets builds, so at least we can see how Gentoo built
everything.

My only other suggestion would be to use
Fedora/CentOS/RHEL/Debian/Ubuntu for which you can get pre-built
packages that we know work. Portage does create a lot of possible
variability in the build which may mean there are unusual builds of
just about any library we use that we may never have seen elsewhere.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company