Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: Background process executor won't run(in case of Backup, restore) in Windows only - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: Background process executor won't run(in case of Backup, restore) in Windows only
Date
In response to Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: Background process executor won't run(in case of Backup, restore) in Windows only  (Surinder Kumar <surinder.kumar@enterprisedb.com>)
Responses Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: Background process executor won't run(in case of Backup, restore) in Windows only  (Ashesh Vashi <ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgadmin-hackers
On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 5:59 AM, Surinder Kumar
<surinder.kumar@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Actually It doesn't broke anywhere, instead It runs successfully. On
> debugging I found that it runs the subprocess.Popen() utility but it doesn't
> run internally the pg_dump utitliy. On running the same command on windows
> cmd prompt it works.
> Then on setting parameters close_fds=False and cmd_shell=True, It works.
> I ran backup in Google Chrome.

It certainly runs pg_dump for me - I see the output in the monitoring
dialogue, and I get a dump file at the end.

I also use Chrome.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com