Re: Remove 'htmlhelp' documentat format (was meson documentation build open issues) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Remove 'htmlhelp' documentat format (was meson documentation build open issues)
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 28 Mar 2023 at 10:46, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
On 24.03.23 17:58, Andres Freund wrote:
> On 2023-03-24 11:59:23 +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> Another option here is to remove support for htmlhelp.
>
> That might actually be the best path - it certainly doesn't look like anybody
> has been actively using it. Or otherwise somebody would have complained about
> there not being any instructions on how to actually compile a .chm file. And
> perhaps complained that it takes next to forever to build.
>
> I also have the impression that people don't use the .chm stuff much anymore,
> but that might just be me not using windows.

I think in ancient times, pgadmin used it for its internal help.

Yes, very ancient :-). We use Sphinx now.

But I have heard less about htmlhelp over the years than about the info
format.