Re: Request for project mailing list: pgsql-pkg-docker - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Request for project mailing list: pgsql-pkg-docker
Date
List pgsql-www
On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 3:14 AM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

>> Next question is, who is using Docker PostgreSQL for production use?
>> I personally never heard about it. If Docker PostgreSQL is still just
>> for evaluation or toy, I feel like there's no strong demand to create
>> new mailing list.
>
> I'm using it, or I wouldn't have requested the list.
>
> Really, the above is an example of exactly the kind of discussion which
> should never happen when someone requests a list.  We're not here to
> pass judgement on other people's OSS projects.

It's exactly the kind of discussion that does need to happen, unless
we're just going to say yes or no to everyone. We're not a general
hosting provider for anyone who wants it, nor do we have the resources
to become one.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com