Re: 403 - Forbidden on gitweb pages - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dave Page
Subject Re: 403 - Forbidden on gitweb pages
Date
List pgsql-www

On Thursday, February 14, 2013, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
Tom Lane wrote:
> Every so often (a few percent of the time, I think) I get "403 -
> Forbidden" from following a link on http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/.
> So far, a reload has always worked first time, but there's definitely
> something fishy in there.  I don't recall exactly when this started
> happening, maybe a month or so back; it hasn't been there all along.
>
> Anybody else see this, or have an idea what broke?

Yes, I see this also.  I reported it to Magnus, who muttered something
about Varnish possibly misbehaving, but that was the end of it.

He told me it was intentional rate limiting, applied because gitweb is so inefficient.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company